PDA

View Full Version : What would you say to Mr. Scrooge?

MadClikr
12/12/2007, 12:41 AM
Here's a new game I thought of last night: What would you say to Mr. Scrooge?

This game goes on the premise that Mr. Scrooge believes that the glass is always half empty, and you have to counter his remarks explaining how it's really half full. This works by completing the sentence above you with a "half full" remark, and leaving your own "half empty" remark for someone else to finish. I hope that makes sense, if you have any questions, please let me know. Let's start an example....

Mr. Scrooge: This glass of wine is half empty...
You: ...but, at least there's still half a glass left to enjoy!

Now, the next person should finish this sentence with a positive remark, and then start a new one for someone else to finish:

Mr. Scrooge: I hate it when seedless grapes still have seeds in them...

fbearcoco
12/12/2007, 06:44 AM
ME: But at least we have grapes to eat or to make into wine!

Mr. Scrooge: Everyone spends too much money at Christmas time....

williamsram
12/12/2007, 11:45 AM
Me: Christmas is the season of giving and I am thankful that I have money to spend.

Mr. Scrooge: There are too many opinions about politics in the media today. People should just mind their own business.

mspete
12/12/2007, 12:19 PM
Me - I am thankful that this Christmas season my family is not exchanging gifts. We are just getting together to enjoy being together and sharing our love, good food, and laughter.

Scrooge: I give some presents but what I get in return is stuff I don't want and certainly don't need. Baa humbug!

nedayja
12/12/2007, 03:34 PM
Me: but at some point in time I can give the stuff I don't want/need to charity or regift (just don't forget who gave it to you).

Mr. Scrooge: I hate holidays because.....

mspete
12/12/2007, 03:45 PM
Me: I give gifts of food to elderly people living alone. Usually this is a basket with cans of soup, canned fruit, tuna, canned chicken, cheese, etc. I also include some fresh fruit and a few pieces of peppermint. :-Present:

Mr. Scrooge says - I hate be holidays because there is so much traffic and -------------

williamsram
12/12/2007, 03:53 PM
Me: I give gifts of food to elderly people living alone. Usually this is a basket with cans of soup, canned fruit, tuna, canned chicken, cheese, etc. I also include some fresh fruit and a few pieces of peppermint. :-Present:

Mr. Scrooge says - I hate be holidays because there is so much traffic and -------------

Me: .....without traffic there would be no amenities, so I will bite my tongue and enjoy my shopping malls and gas stations on every corner and pull through Starbucks drive thru and let them make me a hot "cup o cap" and be happy.

Mr. Scrooge: Happy, smiling bell ringers collecting money...BAH!

Trudy in Illinois
12/12/2007, 06:46 PM
Me: How good it is they are there to spread the joy and show we care. Without them, many would go without needed things.

Scrooge: I hate the fruitcake sent to me!

mspete
12/12/2007, 09:18 PM
Me: I love fruitcake. I feed the ones that are not so good to the birds. They enjoy the fruit and nuts.

Scrooge: I hate all that smelly stuff (perfume, aftershave, etc) that is given as gifts------------------------ :crybaby:

Trudy in Illinois
12/12/2007, 09:44 PM
Me: Great!!! Give what you get to me. I enjoy smelling nice and having someone think of me.

Scrooge: Bah!! Humbug!!! noisy people singing on my front steps!!!!

mspete
12/12/2007, 10:22 PM
ME : I offer to help them sing, but after they hear me try to sing I am rejected. But I do love to try to make a "joyful noise"!

Scrooge: The lights on the Christmas tree next door bothers me when I am trying to sleep.

Trudy in Illinois
12/12/2007, 11:58 PM
ME: How blessed we are to be able to tell the difference between light and dark. I have a friend who only "sees" dark 24/7.

SCROOGE: Blast it!!! all they have to offer to drink is eggnog.

mspete
12/13/2007, 11:27 AM
ME: Eggnog has some nutrients and it only has a small amount of alcohol (maybe/maybe not). Much better for you than drinking all that liquor.

Mr. Scrooge: Look at all the rabbit food (vegetable tray). Can't we have something that more people like?

MadClikr
12/13/2007, 11:44 AM
Me: Isn't it great that we can afford to have a large selection of foods, which we can even choose to dislike and still not risk starvation? Even so, vegetable trays are a great way to get the five servings of fruits and vegetables a day which you need to live a strong and healthy life!

Mr. Scrooge: I hate that blasted squirrel, he just dug up and ate the flower bulbs I planted for next spring... :twisted:

mspete
12/13/2007, 12:30 PM
ME: The squirrel loosened the soil now it won't be so hard for me to dig it up and plant those tulip bulbs that I bought a while back. Now where are they?

Mr. Scrooge: Why are all the good parking places taken? I have to walk too far to get into the mall.

Trudy in Illinois
12/13/2007, 12:34 PM
ME: "I complained I had to walk farther than I wanted to, until I saw someone who had no legs."

SCROOGE: I hate the cold and snow!!!!

mspete
12/13/2007, 12:41 PM
ME: I'm so thankful that I have warm clothes and a warm house. My car heater works! :-D

Scrooge: Why are all the neighbors waving to me and smiling! Baa Humbug!

Trudy in Illinois
12/13/2007, 12:53 PM
ME: It takes 43 facial muscles to frown; 8 to :) and lift their arms to wave. You're wasting a lot of energy. :waving:

SCROOGE: What a waste of paper to wrap something which will be torn open. :x

mspete
12/13/2007, 01:14 PM
ME: I enjoy the beautiful paper and ribbons! I think about how much love goes into wrapping that gift especially for me!

Mr. Scrooge: Why do all these people have to come to our house? :cry:

mspete
12/13/2007, 01:16 PM
This is really not a part of the contest, but I would personally like to slap Mr. Scrooge around a little bit although I am not a violent person who hits people! Just the thought of slapping this old scrooge makes me feel better. :sunny2:

MadClikr
12/13/2007, 01:35 PM
Feel free to slap him around a bit with a rubber chicken! :joker:

Me: How nice it is to have a warm, inviting home and friends to visit with!

Mr. Scrooge: Why does everyone give me fruit cake? Why not chocolate cream pies, or Doritos? :director:

Trudy in Illinois
12/13/2007, 02:35 PM
ME: to let you know what a nutty fruit you are.

SCROOGE: Why can't there be other colors except for red and green?

mspete
12/13/2007, 02:42 PM
Me: I'm losing my patience with you. If you would look around you would see there are greens, golds, and lots of other colors.

Mr. Scrooge: Why do people wait until the last minute to do their shopping? :-?

MadClikr
12/13/2007, 02:47 PM
Me: Be thankful that you're able to do your shopping whenever you like.

Mr. Scrooge: What is it with people and their hangup over having a white Christmas? Snow just brings car accidents, slippery sidewalks, and higher electric bills!

mspete
12/13/2007, 03:06 PM
Me: Snow adds so much beauty to our world. If you don't enjoy the snow maybe you should just stay inside at home. This would help everyone to have a better Christmas.

I know, I'm getting ugly here, but I quickly lose my patience with someone who is always negative. :evil:

Mr. Scrooge: Do you realize how much money is spent on gifts at Christmas?

MadClikr
12/13/2007, 04:06 PM
*hands mspete a rubber chicken so she can take out her aggression on Mr. Scrooge*

Trudy in Illinois
12/13/2007, 05:05 PM
:x Mr. Scrooge: Do you realize how much money is spent on gifts at Christmas?

ME: Thank God I have the money from my job to do as I choose. Since you aren't paying my bills......button your boca!

SCROOGE: I think I'm beginning to realize I'm in a gross minority with how I feel.

mspete
12/13/2007, 06:32 PM
Me: We can be thankful that there aren't many like you. If you can't/don't enjoy Christmas, go hide in your home and don't come out until February. Maybe by then most of the decorations will have been removed and stored for next year. PS: Work on your attitude.
Maybe by next Christmas you will not be so grouchy!

Mr. Scrooge: Did you invite those carolers to come by here? Listen to that racket!

Trudy in Illinois
12/13/2007, 07:44 PM
ME: Here, wear these ear muffs. You'll be happier.

SCROOGE: I don't like the cookies you gave me. :x

mspete
12/13/2007, 08:05 PM
ME: The birds will enjoy them a lot. Just break them up and put them in the yard.

Mr. Scrooge: If I do this then I will just have more of the pesky creatures hanging around looking for a handout.

Trudy in Illinois
12/13/2007, 10:28 PM
ME: Well then, wear steel underwear because squirrels are always looking for nuts. :o

SCROOGE: You're getting surly. I thought you were supposed to be nice. Why aren't you? :cry:

mspete
12/13/2007, 10:35 PM
Me: Well everyone has a limit on how many negative opinions we can bear to hear. I'm telling you, I have reached the limit that I want to hear from you. Now buzz off!

Mr. Scrooge: Well everyone shares some of the negative opinions with me they just don't voice them.

nedayja
12/13/2007, 11:29 PM
Me: In your dreams! I always look for the positive in any situation. :-D

Mr. Scrooge: That is unrealistic. No one in their right mind thinks that way. I am the only one that tells the truth about....

Trudy in Illinois
12/15/2007, 10:39 AM
ME: what's in fruitcake!!! You're really getting on my last nerve. You're an lazy person because being negative is so easy. It takes energy to find positive about people and things.

SCROOGE: You're already on MY last nerve. I can hardly...........

mspete
12/15/2007, 11:54 AM
ME: I can hardly maintain the :) on my face, but then I just put your attitude somewhere in the back of my mind and go on enjoying all the blessings we enjoy.

Mr. Scrooge: I don't know why everyone :)s at strangers and even speaks to them at this time of year.

Trudy in Illinois
12/15/2007, 12:23 PM
ME: :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D Just to "honk-off" someone like you. I'm so glad I can :) because I know there are those who need one, and there are those who don't have one to give away.

SCROOGE: This season is nothing but............

mspete
12/15/2007, 01:56 PM
Me: The season is nothing but a lot of sharing, loving, laughing and bringing out the best in a lot of folks.

Mr. Scrooge: Yes, but "the best" in a lot of folks is them trying to ........................

Trudy in Illinois
12/16/2007, 10:48 AM
ME: out-cook each other? You bet and we all reap the rewards of their efforts.

Scrooge: The stuff has all that fat and sugar in it.

mspete
12/16/2007, 11:59 AM
Me: You really don't have to eat it you know. Here is a cup of decaffinated coffee, with no sugar sweetner, and no fat coffee lightner. Maybe that is your idea of "good stuff".

Mr. Scrooge - Our neighbors are friendlier than usual are they hoping for a gift? :(

Trudy in Illinois
12/16/2007, 12:08 PM
Me: Probably not. Most people are optimistic and willing to give a :) without thought of something tangible in return. However, I do realize that without you pessimists, we optimists wouldn't know how good we have it.

SCROOGE: Smiling does cost something. :x