No announcement yet.

I need prayers for my beloved husband.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need prayers for my beloved husband.

My husband has been having some gastrointestinal problems recently. He's lost weight--that's good, but the doc doesn't know why---had trouble eating and not bubbling and gurgling on the stomach mucus which comes up, and is now very discouraged. After 2 days of swallowing barium (YUCK) and CAT scans, it is found he has a constriction in the bottom of his esophagus which empties into the stomach. His surgery will be on Wed. at 9 a.m. He will be put to sleep and an instrument put down his throat to see what is going on and the position of the constriction. Then another instrument will be used to stretch this area of the esophagus. I told him maybe he needs to ask the doc if he'll be able to play the bassoon after this procedure. He asked, "Why? I've never played it before this." I said, "Well, maybe this will help. I love the bassoon's sound." He told me he'd like the sound of me leaving for now.

I realize I've used humor, but that is how I deal with all this. It, also, makes him laugh which lifts his spirits. Would you please say a prayer for him and that all goes well during and after the procedure? We'd so appreciate it.

Trudy and Guy
    Whether you think you can or think you can't.....you're right.

"There is no try; you either do or don't." Yoda

Sending prayers and love to you both.

I hope all goes well, and he'll be playing that bassoon in no time!
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Coming your way Trudy.....prayers by the armload for a speedy and quick recovery!
      Your attitude towards life defines not only who you are, but the quality of life you are after.
      Conservation is a big long word for maintaining what you've worked so hard to achieve.

Comment

Oh, Trudy, I know how distressing when the one we love is sick. My prayers are with you and your DH. God bless.

Comment

Thank you so much. I'll be glad when this is all over and he has a much better appetite. Mine is increasing!!! I think I'm finding what he's lost.

Comment

Trudy, how did everything go?
            Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
            No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Not so well. He returns on Friday for the same procedure. His blood was too thin to incise a tiny spot on his esophagus and have it biopsied, and, his stomach was still filled with the food he'd eaten yesterday and Monday. He has a condition called gastoparesis or it is slowly developing. Thus, the reason for the lack of stomach contents emptying. He's on a medication for a month to help that and has to walk after every thing he eats. Until Fri. he'll be on liquids.

Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Comment

*hugs* praying for you both

Comment

Both of you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
                  Your attitude towards life defines not only who you are, but the quality of life you are after.
                  Conservation is a big long word for maintaining what you've worked so hard to achieve.

Comment

Thinking of you and Guy today, praying for you both.

Comment

Thank you so much. I'm praying all this is "fixable" and he gets much better.

Comment

Trydy, I just returned home after being away since 3/20. I'm so sorry Guy is not doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. God bless.

Comment

Trudy, I was just thinking about you and Guy. Hope you're enjoying the warmer weather and blossoming colors, minus the pollen, of course. Praying that all goes well for you both next week.

Comment

Thank you. I am in such a funk right now. He is tired and not eating much. I try to give him nutritious food to keep up his strength. I'm hoping and praying all will be fixable soon.

Comment

Trudy, when DH could not eat very much he often would drink a can of Ensure. Sometime he would pour it over ice cream to make it tastier. Could Guy drink Ensure? Rememering you both in my prayers. God bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X