No announcement yet.

What Are You Thankful For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost every day is sunny and warm. Everything is "greening up". Spring is here.

Comment

I am thankful to be part of such a loving and caring community. You are all such wonderful people, and I'm grateful just to know you!
      Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
      Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
      No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I am thankful for air conditioning! Temps have been in the mid to upper 90's for many days and in low/mid 70's at night. We spend very little time outside.

Comment

I'm grateful for relief from the heat here today. It's been hot and humid, with lots of thunderstorms, and lots of smoke in the air when we were down in the Outerbanks of NC, but right now, today, it's a pleasant 72 and the windows are open! The forecast for the rest of the week... well, I don't want to talk about it.
          Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
          No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I am thankful that there were no mishaps getting here to the mountains of TN. My car performed admirably...put all my fears to rest..a/c even worked perfectly. The temps. went over 100 driving thru GA.
            Your attitude towards life defines not only who you are, but the quality of life you are after.
            Conservation is a big long word for maintaining what you've worked so hard to achieve.

Comment

I am very thankful for air conditioning! Oh, and freezers, and refrigerators, and ice, and ice cream, and...

The heat index is expected to be up to 115 to 120 in the DC area today.

Comment

Ac - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am very thankful for my air conditioner which cools my entire home. Without it, I'd be at a motel until the heat spell is over or in the hospital with heat exhaustion.
                  I am thankful that my beloved is getting better, beaten the pneumonia, radiation and chemo are over, and now we're going to start working on building his strength. I am thankful for all the prayer of all y'all. I am most thankful for God's grace and work through all this.
                  Whether you think you can or think you can't.....you're right.

"There is no try; you either do or don't." Yoda

Comment

Trudy, that's great news!

Comment

Electricity! VA was hit fairly hard with thunderstorms a few days ago, and at one point, more people in Northern VA were without power, than who had it. We're continuing to get scattered thunderstorms every day, and there are still a lot of people without power through this 100+ degree heat - pray for them, the elderly, in particular. My family was very fortunate - our power flickered, but didn't go completely out.

Comment

We don't truly know how dependent we are on electricity until it is out for an extended period of time! We got a little rain yesterday and it was very much appreciated.

Tomorrow, Independence Day, makes me really stop and be thankful for our wonderful country. Even with all the problems we have, it is still the greatest country known to mankind. God bless America!!!

Comment

Today I am thankful for rain! We got a nice rain yesterday and again today. We needed it so badly. Thank you, Lord!!!

Comment

We had a couple of cooler days - still in the low 80's, but we were able to open the windows to air the place out. The temperatures are going back up, but still cool at night, which I'm grateful for.

Comment

Still about ten degrees below normal (mid-low 80s). Forecast for weekend, back to normal mid 90's!

Comment

I'm grateful for parking lots which gently slope away from the stores. It really helps get a full cart back to your car!

Comment

Working...
                                X