What would you say to Mr. Scrooge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say to Mr. Scrooge?

Here's a new game I thought of last night: What would you say to Mr. Scrooge?

This game goes on the premise that Mr. Scrooge believes that the glass is always half empty, and you have to counter his remarks explaining how it's really half full. This works by completing the sentence above you with a "half full" remark, and leaving your own "half empty" remark for someone else to finish. I hope that makes sense, if you have any questions, please let me know. Let's start an example....

Mr. Scrooge: This glass of wine is half empty...
    You: ...but, at least there's still half a glass left to enjoy!

Now, the next person should finish this sentence with a positive remark, and then start a new one for someone else to finish:

Mr. Scrooge: I hate it when seedless grapes still have seeds in them...
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Re: What would you say to Mr. Scrooge?

ME: But at least we have grapes to eat or to make into wine!

Mr. Scrooge: Everyone spends too much money at Christmas time....

Comment

Me: Christmas is the season of giving and I am thankful that I have money to spend.

Mr. Scrooge: There are too many opinions about politics in the media today. People should just mind their own business.

Comment

Me - I am thankful that this Christmas season my family is not exchanging gifts. We are just getting together to enjoy being together and sharing our love, good food, and laughter.

Scrooge: I give some presents but what I get in return is stuff I don't want and certainly don't need. Baa humbug!

Comment

Me: but at some point in time I can give the stuff I don't want/need to charity or regift (just don't forget who gave it to you).

Mr. Scrooge: I hate holidays because.....
          Your attitude towards life defines not only who you are, but the quality of life you are after.
          Conservation is a big long word for maintaining what you've worked so hard to achieve.

Comment

Me: I give gifts of food to elderly people living alone. Usually this is a basket with cans of soup, canned fruit, tuna, canned chicken, cheese, etc. I also include some fresh fruit and a few pieces of peppermint. resent:

Mr. Scrooge says - I hate be holidays because there is so much traffic and -------------

Comment

Originally posted by mspete
              Me: I give gifts of food to elderly people living alone. Usually this is a basket with cans of soup, canned fruit, tuna, canned chicken, cheese, etc. I also include some fresh fruit and a few pieces of peppermint. resent:

Mr. Scrooge says - I hate be holidays because there is so much traffic and -------------
              Me: .....without traffic there would be no amenities, so I will bite my tongue and enjoy my shopping malls and gas stations on every corner and pull through Starbucks drive thru and let them make me a hot "cup o cap" and be happy.

Mr. Scrooge: Happy, smiling bell ringers collecting money...BAH!

Comment

Me: How good it is they are there to spread the joy and show we care. Without them, many would go without needed things.

Scrooge: I hate the fruitcake sent to me!
                Whether you think you can or think you can't.....you're right.

"There is no try; you either do or don't." Yoda

Comment

Me: I love fruitcake. I feed the ones that are not so good to the birds. They enjoy the fruit and nuts.

Scrooge: I hate all that smelly stuff (perfume, aftershave, etc) that is given as gifts------------------------

Comment

Me: Great!!! Give what you get to me. I enjoy smelling nice and having someone think of me.

Scrooge: Bah!! Humbug!!! noisy people singing on my front steps!!!!

Comment

ME : I offer to help them sing, but after they hear me try to sing I am rejected. But I do love to try to make a "joyful noise"!

Scrooge: The lights on the Christmas tree next door bothers me when I am trying to sleep.

Comment

ME: How blessed we are to be able to tell the difference between light and dark. I have a friend who only "sees" dark 24/7.

SCROOGE: Blast it!!! all they have to offer to drink is eggnog.

Comment

ME: Eggnog has some nutrients and it only has a small amount of alcohol (maybe/maybe not). Much better for you than drinking all that liquor.

Mr. Scrooge: Look at all the rabbit food (vegetable tray). Can't we have something that more people like?

Comment

Me: Isn't it great that we can afford to have a large selection of foods, which we can even choose to dislike and still not risk starvation? Even so, vegetable trays are a great way to get the five servings of fruits and vegetables a day which you need to live a strong and healthy life!

Mr. Scrooge: I hate that blasted squirrel, he just dug up and ate the flower bulbs I planted for next spring...
                            Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
                            Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
                            No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

ME: The squirrel loosened the soil now it won't be so hard for me to dig it up and plant those tulip bulbs that I bought a while back. Now where are they?

Mr. Scrooge: Why are all the good parking places taken? I have to walk too far to get into the mall.

Comment

Working...
                              X