Thread: Emergency Kit

Blog Entries

Default Emergency Kit

Next month is Emergency Preparedness Month, and to get things started off early, I thought I would remind everyone of the importance of having an up-to-date first-aid and emergency kit on hand. To get details as to what should be in your kit, check out the site below:

http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/index.html
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Default Re: Emergency Kit

Good idea! I think I'll check to see if ours is up to date!

Blog Entries

I learned something new while on vacation this summer. Not only should you check the expiration dates on medications, but adhesive bandages will also need to be regularly replaced. I discovered that the adhesive glue separates from the bandage when they're left out in the car, causing it to peel right off the bandage itself. Fortunately, it wasn't an emergency, and they're fairly inexpensive to replace. Lesson learned!
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.