Thread: Thanksgiving Recipes Compilation

Blog Entries

Talking Thanksgiving Recipes Compilation

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Blog Entries

My mouth is watering just reading all these delicious ideas!

Blog Entries

Realizing that Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, I've started planning a menu...

Jalapeno Poppers
    Sparkling Apple Cider and Ginger Beer
    Turkey, Gravy, Apple Pecan Stuffing
    Cranberry Compote
    Mashed Potatoes
    Yams
    Corn Pudding
    Green Bean Casserole
    Apple Cheesecake

What do you usually make?
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Reservations!

Blog Entries

O.K., Mad, I have a traveling fork and I can come with it. What time and where?

I usually have the usual: turkey, dressing, mashed white potatoes, green beans cooked for a long time, gravy, and pumpkin pie, and sometimes I'm like PEIO, I make reservations at a buffet.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't.....you're right.

"There is no try; you either do or don't." Yoda

When I cook Thanksgiving dinner I usually have: turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed white potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans (cooked for a long time the old fashioned way), coleslaw, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. For the past few years, my son's family has been hosting Thanksgiving dinners.

My traditional turkey sandwich with potato chips that night is what I enjoy the most.

FYI, I heard on the Food Network channel the other day that the correct term for dressing/stuffing is: stuffing is in the bird; dressing is cooked separately. I believe last Thanksgiving we had a discussion on this website and thought you might be interested.
    Your attitude towards life defines not only who you are, but the quality of life you are after.
    Conservation is a big long word for maintaining what you've worked so hard to achieve.

Blog Entries

I've never done coleslaw for Thanksgiving, but I might make some with apples this year. Sounds delicious, and also goes great with a turkey sandwich!

Blog Entries

Coleslaw is wonderful with turkey & dressing. The left over slaw is good with turkey sandwiches. I prefer it to chips.

Blog Entries

Bumping this on up, just in case anyone needs any ideas for this year's meal!