Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inspiring Quotes

Blog Entries

Yes, there is a Michael's about 15 miles away. I'm looking for a white ruffle like a petticoat is peeking out from under the skirt. The skirt is solid purple (amethyst) and the top will be purple and white checked. Thank you for the suggestion. The "troll" is now in bed wanting to go at 6!! I think he's not really feeling very well since he's taken 2 long naps today which is MOST unusual for him. I'll keep an ear out for him tonight. It's that Mom thing.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't.....you're right.

"There is no try; you either do or don't." Yoda

Blog Entries

I seldom watch Judge Judy, however today I was shelling pecans and turned on the tv during her show. One thing she said that really makes sense
    "Listen, that is why you have two ears and one mouth". Wow, if all of us would practice this our world would be a much nicer place.

Blog Entries

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
    ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Blog Entries

You shall judge of a man by his foes as well as by his friends. -Joseph Conrad, novelist (1857-1924)

Isn't that interesting? I've never thought of these opposites revealing a person's character, but the more I think of it, the more it makes sense.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't.....you're right.

"There is no try; you either do or don't." Yoda

Blog Entries

"If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music, sweep streets like Leontyne Price sings before the Metropolitan Opera. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well. If you canít be a pine at the top of the hill, be a shrub in the valley. Be be the best little shrub on the side of the hill.

Be a bush if you canít be a tree. If you canít be a highway, just be a trail. If you canít be a sun, be a star. For it isnít by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are." MLK Jr.
    Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it - William Arthur Ward
    Today is the FIRST day of the REST of your life...what will YOU make of it?
    No trees were harmed in making this post. However, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.